That Beat The Heat
While you’re planning Graduation parties, Father’s Day and Fourth of July gatherings, pool parties, and cookouts, plan to stir up some tantalizing summer cocktails that are sure to beat the heat and please every guest on your list. Whether you go sweet, fruity, tart, crisp, or bold, the choices are endless, so get out your blender and get ready for summer sipping!
You certainly can’t go wrong with a tried-and-true Strawberry Daiquiri. This frozen, fruit-forward classic has just the right tartness to balance the sweetness of summer-fresh berries.
• Start with 4 ounces light rum.
• Blend with 1/2 cup fresh and 1/2 cup frozen strawberries.
• Add the juice of one lime.
You’re ready to serve!
It couldn’t be simpler. Using frozen strawberries eliminates the need for crushed ice.
If you’re looking for a vodka option to add to your cocktail offerings, look no further than a crisp, refreshing Vodka Lemonade.
• Combine 2 ounces vodka with 3 ounces lemonade.
• Pour over ice.
• Float cucumber slices instead of the expected lemon or lime wedge.
If your guests can’t decide between wine or a cocktail, why not offer them the best of both worlds? A Sangria Margarita is the perfect frozen combo.
• For the sangria layer, blend 1 cup red wine, the juice of one orange and one lime, and 2 cups ice. Freeze.
• For the margarita layer, blend 1 can frozen limeade concentrate with 2 shots tequila and 2 cups ice.
• Rim glasses with lime juice and dip in a mix of sugar and salt.
• Alternate layers of the frozen sangria mixture with the margarita mixture into glasses.
Don’t forget the bourbon lovers while you mix rum and vodka cocktails. Bourbon is sometimes considered to be a winter spirit, but Kentucky residents will tell you that bourbon makes a refreshing summer cocktail.
• In a large container, mix a 6-ounce can of frozen orange juice concentrate with a 12-ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate, 46-ounce can of pineapple juice, 1 ½ cups of sugar, 2 cups bourbon, and 2 cups strong brewed tea.
• Freezer the mixture overnight.
• To serve, scrape the surface of the frozen mixture and fill glasses with the slush.
• Top each glass with lemon-lime soda.
Bring summer’s bountiful fruits to a mojito with ripe blackberries. This Blackberry Mojito is sure to be your new summertime favorite.
• Lightly smash or muddle 1/2 cup of blackberries.
• Add the juice of 2 limes, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 cup of light rum.
• Divide the mashed berries between two glasses and top with the rum mixture.
• Add crushed ice and club soda to fill glasses.
• Garnish with mint leaves and whole blackberries.
This bourbon drink takes some advance planning and is on the sweet side. If you’re pressed for time or prefer more tartness, try this simple recipe for Bourbon Lemon Tea.
Bourbon Lemon Tea
• Combine ½ cup bourbon with ¼ cup lemon juice, ¼ cup brewed tea, and 2 packets of artificial sweetener.
• Serve over crushed ice. Garnish with a lemon slice.
The choices for summer cocktail sipping are endless. No matter which spirit you plan to serve at your summer gathering, you’ll find an endless selection of your favorite brands and probably some you’ve yet to try at Louisville Party Center. With four locations in Louisville and Prospect, Louisville Party Center is convenient to your part of town.
When making traditional cocktails, don’t forget everyone’s favorite summer fruit—watermelon—and everyone’s favorite summery drink—lemonade. Watermelon, either cubed or puree, can substitute for fruits typically found in cocktails. Lemonade is a crowd-pleasing substitute for club soda or lemon-lime soda.
Prospect Party Center
Fern Creek Party Center
Skyway Beverage Shoppe
Copyright © 2009-2016 Prospect Party Center. Web Site Design and Hosting by Write Now Marketing.